Sit back, buckle up, and hold on tight! SMF 2023 will be a wild musical ride.
The Savannah Music Festival has a fresh new initiative: the Explorer Pass. SMF wants to inspire all SCCPSS students and give them access to a first-class musical experience. With the Explorer Pass, young people in our community, along with their adult chaperones, will be able to attend SMF general admission performances ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Explorer Pass attendees will experience:
- West African
- Dance parties
…and much more!
Browse the lineup now!
Make sure to filter performances by “General Admission” to find eligible concerts. Concerts at Trustees’ Garden are not covered by the Explorer Pass.
For more information call Mahogany at 912-234-3378 x112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Explorer Pass is made possible by May Wall, Walter Lynch and May Li Wall Lynch.
Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
- Go through the lineup at savannahmusicfestival.org. You can search by date, genre, artist or venue. We have all kinds of performances from all kinds of musicians—chamber music, bluegrass, jazz, blues, music of Africa—and that’s just to name a few!
- Look for shows that are marked as “general admission.” That means that if you have a ticket, you can sit anywhere in the audience.
- Pay special attention to the venue. We have concerts all over downtown Savannah!
- Look at the start time of the concert. You want to make sure you are at the venue one hour before the concert starts. That’s when the on-site box office opens, and that’s where you will pick up your explorer passes.
- Have your student show their SCCPSS student ID to the friendly box office staff at the venue beginning one hour before the start of the show. The box office staff will print you two tickets – one for the SCCPSS student, and one for their adult family member or chaperone. Make sure your student brings their student ID! That’s the only way we can issue the Explorer Pass tickets.
- When the doors open, go inside and pick your seats and enjoy the show. We are so happy that you will be joining us!
Who can get free tickets? All Savannah-Chatham County Public School students get free admission for themselves and an adult chaperone to any general admission concert at the 2023 Savannah Music Festival, March 23 through April 8.
How do I prove I am an SCCPSS student? Bring your SCCPSS student ID, report card, or another official communication from your SCCPSS school.
What if a concert is sold out? Call Mahogany at 912-234-3378 x112 for available options.
What if I have a large group of students who want to come? Call Mahogany at 912-234-3378 x112 for group advance tickets.