COVID-19 Cancelations, Donations & Refunds FAQs
COVID-19 Cancelations, Donations & Refunds FAQs
Updated Friday, September 18, 2020
Why should I contact firstname.lastname@example.org?
- To turn your ticket refund into a cash donation to the Savannah Music Festival and to join SMF in Unison.
- To request to get a partial refund if you would like to donate a part of your refund.
Which concerts of the fall 2020 series have been canceled?
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones – scheduled for Thursday, September 3, 2020 – 8:30 p.m., Lucas Theatre for the Arts
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – scheduled for Friday, September 11, 2020 – 8 p.m., Johnny Mercer Theatre
- Bruce Hornsby & The Noisemakers – scheduled for Friday, October 9, 2020 – 8 p.m., Lucas Theatre for the Arts
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis – scheduled for Saturday, October 17, 2020 – 8 p.m., Johnny Mercer Theatre
- Mandolin Orange – scheduled for Wednesday, November 11 – 8 p.m., Lucas Theatre for the Arts
Tickets purchased via Savannah Music Festival’s website and the Savannah Box Office online or by phone, will be refunded to the original form of payment. There is no need to contact us unless you would like to donate your ticket value to Savannah Music Festival and join SMF In Unison. To donate your tickets, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/mMkmGyxAstKr3QCE7.
Are there still concerts scheduled for fall 2020?
No, all concerts scheduled for 2020 have been canceled. Please contact Savannah Music Festival at email@example.com with any questions.
What are the dates for SMF 2021?
The 2021 Savannah Music Festival will take place from May 18–30, 2021. See more details here.
Updated Friday, October 23, 2020
Will my tickets carry over for rescheduled shows in 2021?
No, any tickets that have been purchased for now canceled 2020 dates are no longer valid.
Why should I consider donating my ticket to SMF?
SMF is a community nonprofit that relies on donations and ticket sales from our annual festival to cover all year-round operational costs. Donating the value of tickets will help support SMF’s ongoing operations during this challenging time. SMF maintains a local, full-time, year-round staff to plan each year’s festival, off-season concerts and education programs.
How do I donate my ticket(s)?
Please don’t call the box office. Instead, complete the form at this link: https://forms.gle/mMkmGyxAstKr3QCE7
Is the full amount of my ticket donation tax-deductible?
Yes, your donated ticket value is a charitable cash donation.
Will I be recognized for my donation?
Yes, as a thank you to patrons who are willing to go above and beyond for the festival by donating their tickets, SMF has established SMF In Unison. SMF In Unison members receive:
- Name recognition in SMF publications, website and selective advertising over the next 12 months
- Access to early bird ticket pricing to the 2021 festival before the general public
- A special SMF In Unison event (TBA) once it’s safe to get together again
How will I be notified when the donation is processed?
You will receive an acknowledgment letter of your ticket donation.
When and how will my refund be processed?
Refunds automatically process on September 30. It may take up to 2 weeks to complete refunds. Refunds will be processed through the original point of sale and apply to all tickets that were purchased through our authorized vendor, the Savannah Box Office.
I purchased my tickets in cash or by check. How will I receive my refund?
Please contact Savannah Music Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a ticket refund. Your refund will be issued by SMF check, or you may choose to provide a debit card number for the refund.
I redeemed a gift card for tickets/I still have an unused gift card. Can I keep those tickets on account with SMF?
If a ticket was purchased using a gift card you may request to donate or request a refund for the tickets. Unused 2020 Savannah Music Festival gift cards may be converted into a donation or applied to future Savannah Music Festival events, including the 2021 festival (all gift cards expire April 3, 2021).
Could I donate a portion of my refund?
Yes, you can opt to donate individual tickets while getting a refund for others.
What if patrons’ credit card used for the original transaction is no longer valid/in use?
Refunds can be made to another card, if we are notified on time. In most cases, even if refunds are made to an expired or out of use card, as long as the account is still active, money will be reimbursed to the original account.
Make a donation: fill out the donation form: https://forms.gle/KzxQkrqWaxWVJ4rs7
Get answers to questions: Contact Savannah Music Festival at email@example.com.