Reports to: Technical Director
Load in period begins Saturday, March 23, 2019
SMF 2019 is March 28 – April 13, 2019
Load out period ends Wednesday, April 17, 2019
The Savannah Music Festival is seeking members of its Stage Crew, festival positions that report to the Technical Director. Stage Crew will be stationed at a single venue each day during the festival period to troubleshoot technical issues at the assigned venue and assist venue staff as appropriate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become familiar with technical riders for assigned shows
- Become familiar with venue technical capacity
- Liaise with Production Coordinator on show day to ensure all backline and/or specialty instruments are at venue
- Support audio and lighting crews and assist loaders
- Coordinate with venue show managers and physical plant crew to troubleshoot last-minute artist needs
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong verbal communication skills, including knowledge of production terminology.
- Physical demand can be very high at times. Must be able to lift heavy objects, walk long distances and stand for long periods of time.
- Willingness, availability, energy and stamina to work long days and evenings for the entire festival period.
- Ability to work in very high stress environments, with many different types of personalities.
- Must have a general understanding of modern production techniques.
- Previous venue or festival experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Marcato Festival a plus.
- Ability to work any time of day; flexible schedule a must.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Chris Evans, Technical Director, at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.