Location: Savannah, Georgia
Term: Part-time position
Reports to: Interim Executive Director
Date posted: September 13, 2021
As part of a small team, the Office Assistant carries out important administrative tasks to keep SMF organized and on track for its fundraising efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain thorough and accurate hard-copy and digital donor/sponsor files using CRM DonorPerfect
- Process, log, acknowledge, and file individual, corporate, foundation, and government gifts
- Update institutional contacts (e.g., government contacts following elections), maintain e-files (of individual institutional funders and of evergreen support attachments and login information), and generally ensure that all filed information (logos, sponsorship information and contacts) is up to date
- Process communications with donors via letter on matters such as acknowledgements (within 2 business days), pledge gift reminders, and RSVPs to events
- Assist with direct mail appeals including mail lists, merges and fulfillment
- Maintain inventory of invitation, cardstock, postage stamps, letterhead, envelopes, and events supplies for department needs
Board of Directors and Committees
- Record board and committee meeting minutes, secure venue locations and set up, collect RSVPs, and send meeting reminders and materials; meetings typically take place on Wednesdays
- Assist in accounts payable, preparing and mailing checks for payment of invoices
- Assist in reconciliation of finance and development records, with direction from Development Manager
- Assist at donor-specific special events throughout the year, including during the annual 17-day festival
- Assist with donor deliverables during concerts, such as reserved seating
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of organization
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of relevant experience or a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer service focus
- High school diploma required
- Computer skills including Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac OS, and proficiency in CRM software platforms; experience in DonorPerfect a plus
- Experience in the arts and/or nonprofits a plus
HOW TO APPLY
The position is part-time and pays $20/hr up to 20 hours per week. Position is not eligible for benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The Savannah Music Festival (SMF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting world-class celebrations of the musical arts by creating timeless and adventurous productions that stimulate arts education, foster economic growth, and unite artists and audiences in Savannah. SMF started as Savannah OnStage International Arts Festival in 1989 with the vision of bringing high-quality artists from around the world to perform in Savannah’s Historic District. The organization operates year-round to plan and produce an annual multi-day, multi-venue music festival, off-season concerts, broadcast programs and free music education programming focused on youth.
The annual springtime festival presents a diverse selection of music genres, including classical, jazz, American, and international roots music. The festival features original productions, cross-genre collaborations, free artistic lectures and Q&As, and commissioned works that are staged at various venues throughout Savannah. With its performances and education programming, SMF serves annually, on average, more than 40,000 music enthusiasts from many backgrounds, locations, and age ranges. In 2019, SMF attracted patrons from more than 40 states.
SMF’s local education programs, Musical Explorers and SMF Jazz Academy, serve the Savannah community, reaching students and teachers at more than 50 public, private, and home schools in urban and rural settings across Chatham, Effingham, Bryan, Liberty, McIntosh (GA), Beaufort, and Jasper (SC) counties. On average, more than 80% of participants attend Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools (SCCPSS).