Marketing & Patron Services Associate
Marketing & Patron Services Associate
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Term: Full-time position
Start Date: TBD
The Marketing & Patron Services Associate holds a key role on Savannah Music Festival’s (SMF) marketing team, creating organic posts for social media, assisting with digital communications, public relations, and community outreach, along with marketing planning and writing for a variety of materials. The position is also responsible for the execution of the organization’s ticketing, handling box office relations, and general patron services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing and Administrative
- Maintain SMF’s social media channels (planning and content management) in line with the brand of the organization and its commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Maintain and incorporate an anti-racist and anti-oppressive lens into SMF’s social media channels
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance; keep abreast of social media trends
- Write/edit various marketing materials and festival website content
- Assist in analyzing marketing material with a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility lens
- Monitor and analyze data, sales trends and pricing strategies, including discounts and sales promotions
- Assist in brainstorming for marketing campaigns and collateral
- Assist in the creation of weekly eblasts
- Assist in establishing and implementing ticketing promotions
- Assist in the collection of marketing materials from artists
- Assist in fulfilling and mailing merchandise orders
- Assist with advertising sales, tracking and invoicing
- Assist with patron surveys, evaluations and other market/consumer research
- Represent SMF at events
- Coordinate SMF’s Savannah Box Office operations, including training, providing customer service guidelines and providing show content, discount codes, accounting reports and seat maps
- Administrate ticketing system, including inventory and holds
- Analyze ticketing data and create pricing structures to maximize revenue from ticket sales
- Coordinate group sales, ticket donations and gift cards, press tickets, etc.
- Assist in concierge ticketing for major level festival donors and sponsors
- Field patron requests and accessibility needs and assist with communications with patrons
- Maintain patron database
- Maintain on-site presence at all festival venues, interacting with patrons, donors, volunteers and so on, to ensure positive customer service experience
- Involvement in volunteer operations, including recruitment, training and scheduling
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing and digital communications
- Proficiency in maintenance of social media outlets, especially Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; experience in Sprout Social and Canva a plus
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Apps
- Familiarity with SEO and Google AdWords preferred
- Experience working with box office systems and software
- Excellent customer service and public interaction skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills required
- Ability to work in very high-stress environments, with many different types of personalities
- Collaborative working style with a hands-on approach to teamwork
- Must be extremely organized when handling multiple details and have the ability to multitask
- Demonstrates and supports SMF’s culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Willingness, availability, energy, and stamina to work long hours and weekends during 17-day festival and festival-specific special events throughout the year
- Working knowledge of non-profit organizations and the performing arts
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and submit to a criminal background check and drug test
HOW TO APPLY
Benefits package for the full-time, exempt position includes paid time off, and employer contribution to medical, dental, and vision care, life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance, simple IRA plan, and parking.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The Savannah Music Festival (SMF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting world-class celebrations of the musical arts by creating timeless and adventurous productions that stimulate arts education, foster economic growth, and unite artists and audiences in Savannah. SMF started as Savannah OnStage International Arts Festival in 1989 with the vision of bringing high-quality artists from around the world to perform in Savannah’s Historic District. The organization operates year-round to plan and produce an annual multi-day, multi-venue music festival, off-season concerts, broadcast programs and free music education programming focused on youth.
The annual springtime festival presents a diverse selection of music genres, including classical, jazz, American, and international roots music. The festival features original productions, cross-genre collaborations, free artistic lectures and Q&As, and commissioned works that are staged at various venues throughout Savannah. With its performances and education programming, SMF serves annually, on average, more than 40,000 music enthusiasts from many backgrounds, locations, and age ranges. In 2019, SMF attracted patrons from more than 40 states.
SMF’s local education programs, Musical Explorers and SMF Jazz Academy, serve the Savannah community, reaching students and teachers at more than 50 public, private, and home schools in urban and rural settings across Chatham, Effingham, Bryan, Liberty, McIntosh (GA), Beaufort, and Jasper (SC) counties. On average, more than 80% of participants attend Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools (SCCPSS).