Junior Graphic Designer
Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Start date: Aug 1, 2022
Reports to: Marketing Director
Work behind the scenes in the fast-paced environment of Georgia’s largest musical arts event and one of the most distinctive cross-genre music festivals in the world. Savannah Music Festival (SMF) is seeking a creative individual to join the marketing team as a Junior Graphic Designer.
Under the supervision and creative direction of the Marketing Director, the Junior Graphic Designer conceptualizes and creates institutional collateral materials as well as marketing materials for a wide range of platforms from online graphics to traditional media and video editing. The ideal candidate is a creative and curious self-starter with excellent design execution skills.
- Work with the Marketing Director to design and execute layouts for all SMF print and online marketing, institutional collateral, music education materials, and more. This includes multi-page projects such as programs, and brochures; invites and event materials; signage systems; presentation design; designs for promotional materials such as totes, t-shirts, hats, stickers, buttons, etc. and much more.
- Create short marketing videos for YouTube/Vimeo as well as for social media (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok)
- Maintain branding consistency across all platforms
- Assist with additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Communication Art, Digital Design, or related field
- 1-3 years of professional design experience
- Strong understanding of design principles; hierarchy, layout, white space, typography, and color theory.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and Bridge
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mac OS and Zoom
- Familiarity working with WordPress and Mailchimp
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Knowledge of printing processes and production standards as well as file print preparation
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions and be open to constructive feedback
- Substantial verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present recommendations and information clearly
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Ability to manage workloads effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in arts administration and non-profit organizations is a plus, though not essential
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment, and nights and weekends particularly on show days and during the festival
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and submit to a criminal background check and drug test
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio that showcases various visual and print design projects (direct link to website preferred) via e-mail to Larissa Davidson, Marketing Director, email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Compensation and benefits: Benefits package for the full-time, exempt position includes paid time off, and employer contribution to medical, dental and vision care, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, simple IRA plan and parking. The pay range is $40,000 – $47,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
The Savannah Music Festival (SMF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting world-class celebrations of the musical arts by creating timeless and adventurous productions that stimulate arts education, foster economic growth, and unite artists and audiences in Savannah. SMF started as Savannah OnStage International Arts Festival in 1989 with the vision of bringing high-quality artists from around the world to perform in Savannah’s Historic District. The organization operates year-round to plan and produce an annual multi-day, multi-venue music festival, off-season concerts, broadcast programs and free music education programming focused on youth.
The annual springtime festival presents a diverse selection of music genres, including classical, jazz, American, and international roots music. The festival features original productions, cross-genre collaborations, free artistic lectures and Q&As, and commissioned works that are staged at various venues throughout Savannah. With its performances and education programming, SMF serves annually, on average, more than 40,000 music enthusiasts from many backgrounds, locations, and age ranges. In 2019, SMF attracted patrons from more than 40 states.
SMF’s local education programs, Musical Explorers and SMF Jazz Academy, serve the Savannah community, reaching students and teachers at more than 50 public, private, and home schools in urban and rural settings across Chatham, Effingham, Bryan, Liberty, McIntosh (GA), Beaufort, and Jasper (SC) counties. On average, more than 80% of participants attend Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools (SCCPSS).