Graphic Design Internship
Graphic Design Internship
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Timeframe: At least 10 weeks, 8–12 hours/week depending on schedule
Start date: July 2019
Compensation: Stipend available
Reports to: Marketing & Graphic Design Manager
Get a taste of what it’s like to work in the fast paced environment of Georgia’s largest musical arts event and one of the most distinctive cross-genre music festivals in the world. SMF’s Marketing Department is seeking a creative individual to join the team as a Graphic Design Intern.
This position will provide the intern with hands-on in-house graphic design and marketing experience. The intern will work directly with the Marketing & Graphic Design Manager and the Marketing Team to assist with the development, design and layout of marketing materials, video, social media, signage and other collateral, update SMF’s website, organize and catalogue the photo archives and help with other projects as needed.
Applicants should possess experience in both print and digital media, demonstrate an awareness of typography and design, be self-motivated and able to take constructive criticism in stride.
Upon successful completion of the internship, there’s the opportunity to stay involved with the festival through the 2020 season as a part-time graphic design and marketing assistant.
- Create and design layouts for print and online marketing, signage, advertising materials, institutional collateral, music education materials and more
- Maintain branding consistency across all platforms
- Assist in the organization and cataloging of SMF’s photo database
- Collaborate on additional projects as needed
- Working towards a BA, MFA or certificate from a Fine Arts program
- Strong typography and layout skills and a good understanding of graphic design principles
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Dreamweaver and basic HTML preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with asset management and file organization/cataloging preferred
- Must be able to work 8-12 hours/week (schedule is negotiable), possibly more during festival
- Knowledge of printing processes and production standards is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, organized and efficient
HOW TO APPLY
To submit an application, please email resume and portfolio (in PDF form or with direct link to website) to Larissa Davidson at email@example.com. No phone calls please.