Graphic Design Internship
Graphic Design Internship
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Timeframe: At least 10 weeks, 8–12 hours/week depending on schedule
Start date: TBD
Reports to: Marketing Director
The Savannah Music Festival located in downtown Savannah, GA is seeking a creative individual to fill the position of Graphic Design Intern. This position will provide the intern with hands-on in-house graphic design and brand development experience.
The intern will work directly with the Marketing Director and the marketing team to assist with the development, design, and layout of marketing materials, video content, graphics for social media, signage, and other collateral, update SMF’s website, and help with other projects as needed.
Applicants should possess experience in print and digital media, demonstrate an awareness of typography and design, be self-motivated, and take constructive criticism in stride.
Upon successful completion of the internship, there’s the opportunity to stay involved with the festival through the 2023 season as a part-time graphic design assistant.
- Create and design layouts for print and online marketing, signage, advertising materials, institutional collateral, music education materials, and more
- Assist in creating short marketing videos
- Maintain branding consistency across all platforms
- Collaborate on additional projects as needed
- Working towards a BA, MFA, or certificate from a Fine Arts program
- Strong typography and layout skills and a good understanding of graphic design principles
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Working knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google Drive
- Strong file organization skills and experience with asset management and file organization/cataloging preferred
- Must be able to work 8-12 hours/week (schedule is negotiable)
- Knowledge of printing processes and production standards is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, pro-active, organized, and efficient
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email resume and portfolio (direct link to website preferred) to Larissa Davidson at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.