Graphic Design & Marketing Assistant
Graphic Design & Marketing Assistant (part-time)
Location: Savannah, Georgia, USA
Term: 12+ hours/week depending on schedule
Start date: July 2019
Reports to: Graphic Design & Marketing Manager
Work in the fast-paced environment of Georgia’s largest musical arts event and one of the most distinctive cross-genre music festivals in the world! SMF’s Marketing Department is seeking a creative individual to join the team as a part-time graphic design and marketing assistant. This position will provide the intern with hands-on in-house graphic design and marketing experience. The graphic design assistant will work directly with the Marketing & Graphic Design Manager and the Marketing Team to assist with the development, design, and layout of marketing materials, signage, and other collateral, update SMF’s website, organize and catalog the photo archives, edit videos and help with other projects as needed.
Applicants should possess experience in both print and digital media, demonstrate an awareness of typography and design, be self-motivated and able to take constructive criticism in stride.
- Create and design layouts for print and online marketing, signage, advertising materials, institutional collateral, music education materials and more
- Maintain branding consistency across all platforms
- Assist in the organization and cataloging of SMF’s photo database
- Collaborate on additional projects as needed
- Strong typography and layout skills and good understanding of graphic design principles
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of WordPress and basic HTML
- Experience with video editing software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with asset management and file organization/cataloging preferred
- Must be able to work 12+ hours/week (schedule is negotiable), more during festival
- Knowledge of printing processes and production standards is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, organized and efficient
HOW TO APPLY
To submit an application, please email resume and portfolio (in PDF form or with direct link to website) to Larissa Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.