Reports to: Technical Director
Load in period begins Saturday, March 23, 2019
SMF 2019 is March 28 – April 13, 2019
Load out period ends Wednesday, April 17, 2019
The Savannah Music Festival is seeking an Audio Engineer, a festival position that reports to the Technical Director. The Audio Engineer will be stationed at a single venue each day during the festival period to run front-of-house or monitor audio or assist artists’ engineer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and set up audio for assigned performances
- Perform front-of-house and/or monitor duties during assigned shows, pending artists’ needs
- Become familiar with technical riders for assigned shows
- Become familiar with venue technical capacity
- Support technical and lighting crews
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong verbal communication skills, including knowledge of production terminology.
- Willingness, availability, energy and stamina to work long days and evenings for the entire festival period.
- Ability to work in very high stress environments, with many different types of personalities.
- Intimate knowledge of DiGiCo consoles, good understanding of acoustics, and general knowledge of common audio systems.
- Previous venue or festival experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Marcato Festival a plus.
- Ability to work any time of day; flexible schedule a must.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Chris Evans, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.