“My students were blown away by the pros…and some of the students in other bands as well!”
Stutz Wimmer, Atlanta GA
This year’s competition tune is Cole Porter’s “Night and Day” a new arrangement for big bands by trumpeter Alphonso Horne. All bands wishing to participate should submit a recording of “Night and Day”, a tune of the band director’s choice, and a recording submission form by Friday November 10, 2017.
Submit EITHER a recorded CD or digital files with the following two (2) tracks:
• Cole Porter’s “Night and Day” arranged for big bands by trumpeter Alphonso Horne
• A song of the band director’s choice
For digital submissions, please adhere to the following guidelines:
• Submit recordings as mp3 files ONLY. Other types of files (.wav, .aud, .band, etc.) may not be accepted.
• Please label each file in the following way: “HighSchoolNameBandNameSongName”
• Send each file in a SEPARATE email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Label CDs as follows: Band name, track 1 name, track 2 name.
List band personnel and all featured soloists on the Recording Submission Form. Band personnel and soloists must be the same players as will attend the festival.
Recordings must be RECEIVED by November 10, 2017.