Location: Savannah, Georgia
Term: April 09 thru APRIL 15, 2018
Start Date: Flexible Prep Work TBD in advance of festival
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
For the first time, Savannah Music Festival is presenting an all-day event at the new Trustees’ Garden campus. The event, which will be the Finale of the 17-day festival, will take place on April 14 and span eleven hours, hosting twelve bands on three stages and up to 5,000 attendees. SMF’s focus for the Finale is a diversity of great music and local food.
As a result, Savannah Music Festival is seeking the services of a Vendor Coordinator (VC). The VC will operate under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing and overseeing all food and beverage vendor operations for the April 14th event. This individual will be responsible for all vendor logistics pre, during and post event, including all communications relative to managing contracts, permits and special requests. The VC will be directly involved in onsite logistics, to include vendor check-in. This person will play an integral role in the overall patron event experience and should be prepared to meet/exceed the needs of all event patrons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with vendors to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely fashion
- Work with each vendor on individual requirements from a logistical standpoint
- Coordinate, track and collect all vendor payments before set-up
- Coordinate database of food and beverage vendors
- Prepare an information letter for all vendors detailing festival rules, facilities, parking, security, etc.
- Prepare a vendor feedback form and collect at end of event
- Be on site for vendor check in, throughout the festival event and during vendor check out
- Provide cell phone number to all vendors for event related inquiries
- Ensure day of event logistics run smoothly
- Monitor vendors and patrons during event and report any concerns to SMF staff
- Assist in developing and evaluating vendor set up and tear down process
- Submission of final report is due 04/17/18
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ experience in a related field preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work within a rigorous schedule and cope with pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative working style with a hands-on approach to team work
- Reliable transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift upwards of 30 lbs.
- Demonstrate impeccable skills for working with the public and exhibit a high level of customer service
HOW TO APPLY
This is a contracted position for the time period stated above. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Luella M. Sanders, Chief Financial Officer at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer.