Programs Intern (paid)
Location: Savannah, Georgia, USA
Term: Fall-Winter, with possibility of renewal
Start Date: Fall 2018
Reports to: Education Director and Education Associate
The Savannah Music Festival is currently searching for an intern to assist with its education programs. This internship is ideally suited for anyone wishing to gain experience in any/all of the following categories: writing for social media and the public, social media PR strategies, research and program development, the production of large-scale events, non-profit organizations, arts education. Hours are flexible (appx. 10-15 hours per week) except during program event weeks, and according to the candidate’s schedule. This is a paid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Education staff in promotion of education programs
- Assist Education Director and Education Associate in the production of SMF Education events, including Musical Explorers
- Other tasks, as assigned
Depending on the intern’s skills and interests, duties may also include:
- Conducting research on best practices for education programs
- Building and adding content to databases
- Recruiting applicants for 2018-19 SMF education programs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including children, teachers and parents
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Jenny Woodruff: email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.