Festival Intern (Education)
Location: Savannah, Georgia, USA
Term: Winter Semester 2018
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Education Director and Education Associate
The Savannah Music Festival is currently searching for an Intern to assist with its education programs. This internship is ideally suited for anyone wishing to gain experience in any/all of the following categories: writing for social media and the public, social media PR strategies, research and program development, the production of large-scale events, non-profit organizations, arts education. Hours are flexible (appx. 10-15 hours per week) except during program event weeks, and according to the candidate’s schedule. This internship is possible to carry over through the 2018 festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Education staff in promotion of education programs
- Provide content for and manage SMF education social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr)
- Assist Education Director and Education Associate in the production of SMF Education events for the Savannah Music Festival
Depending on the intern’s skills and interests, duties may also include:
- Conducting research on best practices for education programs
- Building and adding content to databases
- Recruiting participants for 2017-18 SMF education programs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including children, teachers and parents
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks
- Ability to work well under pressure
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Katie Griffith: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.