Development & Grants Associate
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Term: Full-time position
Reports to: Development Director
Date posted: August 16, 2017
The Development & Grants Associate is a member of the Development Team of the Savannah Music Festival (SMF) and reports directly to the Development Director. The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating the submission of government, corporate and private foundation grant proposals; researching and facilitating inquiries to prospective funders; maintaining and stewarding external relationships with institutional funders throughout the year and specifically at donor-related special events and throughout the annual festival. The individual maintains highly organized internal data records pertaining to these areas, writes institutional copy for organizational correspondences and development-specific collateral, and supports departmental and strategic goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages submission of government, corporate and private foundation grant proposals for funding (Includes: working with Development Director and Executive & Artistic Director and other SMF team members as appropriate to define application purpose, composing narratives, coordinating budgetary information with Chief Financial Officer, collecting and organizing pertinent supporting information and documents for applications.)
- Manages direct relationships with grant funders, including phone and email correspondences, letters of inquiry, in-person meetings and final report submissions
- Keeps organized digital and paper files, and accurately tracks information related to funders
- Utilizes the DonorPerfect constituent relationship management system to track correspondence, contact information and proposal outcomes for foundation and government accounts
- Conducts prospect research for foundation, government and corporate giving, assisting with outreach to viable funding sources
- Drafts text for organizational letters, correspondences, invitations, special thank you notes, prospect information and publication copy
- Assists with donor stewardship communications via phone, email and letters on matters such as gift reminders, thank you calls, sponsorship opportunities, benefit fulfillment, proposals and festival scheduling and provides support at all development-related special events
- Works with Development Team to schedule and implement large-scale mailings (mail merges, stuffing, coordinating mail volume), including renewal notices, direct mail appeals and other correspondence with donors and prospective donors
- Serves as a point of contact for donors at scheduled festival concerts and special events
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years experience researching and coordinating grant proposal submissions with proven success securing mostly 5-figure and some 6-figure grant awards
- Experience working with corporate and/or institutional funders
- Exceptional writing and research skills required
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact and correspond with high level donors, executives and Board members with grace, tact and accuracy
- Collaborative working style with a hands-on approach to team work
- Must be extremely organized when handling multiple details and have the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to work long hours during 17-day Festival and donor-specific special events throughout the year
- Working knowledge of non-profit organizations and the performing arts is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to Megan Kerley, CFRE, Development Director.
The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls, please.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer.