Location: Savannah, Georgia
Term: Full-time position, exempt
Reports to: Development Director
The Development Associate works to process, record, and acknowledge individual gifts to the Savannah Music Festival, produce special events that support donor cultivation and retention goals and fulfills festival ticketing services for SMF’s individual donors. In addition to maintaining the CRM database he/she coordinates fundraising activities including direct mail appeals, sponsorship benefit packages and fulfillment of individual donor benefits. The Development Associate reports to the Development Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage CRM database (DonorPerfect) including gift/pledge history, contact information and donor preferences
- Process, log, acknowledge and file individual, corporate and foundation gifts
- Fulfill individual donor ticket orders throughout the season
- Assist with research and cultivation of prospective donors
- Communicate with donors via phone, email, and letters on matters such as pledge gift reminders, stewardship calls and RSVPs to events
- Produce all donor appreciation, cultivation and fundraising events including an annual golf tournament and house concert (under the direction of the Executive & Artistic Director)
- Maintain an events calendar, prepare event budgets that meet/exceed goals, handle event logistics, sponsor packets, RSVPs and registration, and recruit volunteers, where applicable
- Assist in benefit fulfillment respective of giving level including reserved seating, recognition at sponsored concert and personalized ticketing assistance throughout the season
- Assist in securing in-kind donations specific to special events
- Update and maintain development related information on SMF website and assist with development related information in organizational documents
- Assist with direct mail appeals including mail lists, merges and fulfillment
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure effective operation of department
- Board of Directors responsibilities: coordinate four annual meetings, record meeting minutes, secure venue locations and set up, collect RSVPs, send meeting reminders, work with chair and Executive Director to set meeting agendas, other responsibilities as needed
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience in a related field
- Strong writing and speaking skills required
- Must be extremely organized when handling multiple details and have the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Familiarity with donor databases, ticketing software and performing arts preferred
- Ability to interact with high level donors, executives and Board members with grace, tact and accuracy
- Collaborative working style with a hands-on approach to team work
- Willingness to work long hours during 17-day Festival and donor-specific special events throughout the year
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift upwards of 30 lbs.
HOW TO APPLY
The position is full-time exempt; competitive salary with benefits. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Megan Kerley, Development Director at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Savannah Music Festival is an equal opportunity employer.